These stunning properties are nestled deep in the rolling hills of Le Marche in central Italy. There really are no other houses quite like them in the region. The architecture is inspired by the world famous Scottish architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh (1868-1928) and the American architect Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959).
This contemporary example of organic architecture is influenced by how a building is able to work and be shaped to harmonize with its surroundings in a natural environment. These houses are set into the hillside and happily belong there, existing in simplistic harmony.
A good building is a building that does not hurt the landscape; it is one that makes the landscape more beautiful than before the buildings were built. The use of local natural materials and clean simple lines, create a Japanese-influenced functional style.
The minimal, architecturally planned landscaping is designed to complement the simplicity of the buildings. The property is spread over two levels and accessed by external and internal stairs, which brings the garden into the house at all levels, complemented by the tranquil shade and structure of the oak and the silver birch trees amongst which the houses sits, blended with the treetops and enjoying the panoramic views of the Sibillini Mountains National Park.
Inside the building the rooms are well proportioned and elegantly restrained in their simple forms. The vaulted ceilings and open spaces create moods through the play of light and shadow lending a calming and organic feel to both the interior and the gardens, rather than an ostentatious accumulation of clutter. The simplicity of the living spaces is further enhanced with the use of soothing mood lighting both inside and outside the property.
The buildings and the architecturally structured landscaping and planting are designed to be timeless. They are built to a specification that will allow for one large home or two individual internally bespoke accommodations.
They have been specifically designed to be earthquake proof, supported with reinforced concrete columns that have been bored deep into the solid rock below, which in turn support the reinforced concrete structure, the foundations, upon which the houses and boundary walls sit.
Please contact us using the form below for enquiries about this property and we will forward your message directly to the owner.*
- Both buildings are new build and use local stone. The plot on which the properties sit is within a wooded area of oak and silver birch trees.
- The finished property is tiled throughout with gas under floor heating. Two of the upper three bedrooms open out onto a large balcony overlooking the valley.
- Both properties are south facing and have been designed to fit into the side of a hill with panoramic views looking over open countryside towards the Sibillini Mountain range and National park.
- From the valley side both elevations can be seen and from the upper level one elevation is seen.
- Both plots are landscaped to complement the buildings and for the purposes of low maintenance, the gardens, external walkways and open areas balconies and patios are further highlighted using outside flush and walled lighting.
- Both properties are gated with solid walls along the boundaries.
- There is ample parking and guest parking.
- The properties are both designed to be multi-configured being one large property or two individual walled and gated properties with their own separate entrances, parking and gardens. The properties can be sold individually or as a whole.
- As in the individual combination, one may be used as a main residence and the other can be either rented out to provide an income or used for guests and family.
- The one large property configuration provides choice for a purchaser. This configuration allows a purchaser to configure the building to his/her own style and taste. This can be very important for a new build.
- Both buildings are completely finished.
- Build 1 property comprises on its ground floor level, a living room and log stove fire opening out onto a patio and lower level garden, an open plan kitchen/dining area with fitted kitchen and preparation island.
- Externally on the ground floor there is also a separate detached very large underground storage/workshop.
- The upper and lower garden areas, patios and floors can also be accessed by external stairs.
- There is also a utility room and ground floor bathroom.
- The 2nd floor is accessed from the ground floor by natural slate stairs with recessed lighting to the upper bedrooms (three double sized rooms one with en-suite shower room, a separate family/guest bathroom).
- The two master bedrooms open out onto a balcony overlooking the valley. The third is currently an office space.
- Build 2 is fully completed other than the internal finishing which provides a prospective purchaser with choice.
- The gardens upper and lower are landscaped and maturing.
Contact us about this property
* Please note that LivinginItaly.com is not an estate agency. We will always put you in direct contact with the property owner or their representative, who will be happy to answer any further questions you may have regarding the property.